Cinnamon Rolls with Raspberry Creamed Honey Glaze
Yield: 9 Cinnamon Rolls Difficulty: intermediate
- Combine the bread flour, dry yeast, sugar and spices and set aside. Place the eggs, milk, and salt in the bottom of your mixing bowl and the dry ingredients on top. Prepare your electric mixer with the dough hook attachment and mix on low speed until a dough begins to form.
- Add the softened butter while mixing and turn the mixer up to medium speed. Allow the dough to mix on medium speed for about 8 minutes or until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a well-greased mixing bowl and cover with a clean damp kitchen towel.Allow the dough to ferment for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes fold your dough and allow to rest at room temperature for another 30 minutes while preparing your glaze and cinnamon filling.
- Prepare the cinnamon filling by combining the brown sugar and ground cinnamon together.Set aside a cup of egg wash and melt one tablespoon of butter. These will be used to assemble the cinnamon rolls.
- To prepare the glaze combine the brown sugar, half of the Palm Beach Creamed Honey with Raspberry, and melted butter. Mix until a paste forms. The rest of the honey will be used for finishing.
- After one full hour of proofing place the dough on a well-floured surface and roll the dough out to a 13”X 10” rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter set aside evenly over the dough leaving 1 inch of space for egg wash at the bottom of your rectangle for sealing. Evenly spread the cinnamon brown sugar mix and roll the dough towards the egg washed corner. Cut the cinnamon roll into 9 even slices and place into a well-greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of glaze on top of each cinnamon roll and cover with a clean damp towel. Preheat the oven to 325°F and allow the rolls to final proof for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Spread the remaining honey over the top of the rolls while they are still warm. Allow to cool garnish with confectioners’ sugar, fresh raspberries and serve.